Wednesday 22 February 2012

Logo Redesign

Original Logo Design
Due to the work I have produced on Design Crowd, I have become more experienced in what a good logo should look like, and as such, I have decided to redesign my logo to make it look a bit more professional, and a bit more readable (as some people has difficulty deciphering that the lightning bolt was supposed to be the shape of a capital letter "R").
My custom-made PhotoShop brush

Again, I decided to incorporate the custom brush I created into the design, and tried to make it more pronounced and central to the design.

The main intention of using my own brush as a kind of "signature" was so that my work could immediately be identified by its presence or use, or so that it becomes my own brand mark (so-to-speak).

I've produced two versions of my logo, using the same method I used on Design Crowd when submitting designs to clients, with one printed in black on a white background, and again with the colours reversed (white print on a black background), to display what it would look like on a darker and lighter background.

One of the drawbacks is that since I faded a decent portion of the custom brush print on the left of the design, it may prove to be problematic if I ever decide to transfer the logo onto clothing, getting the fading embroidered may be difficult for the embroiderers, but this may not be a bridge I'll be looking to cross, since getting a personal logo embroidered on shirts or caps does seem unnecessary and costly.

The text used is a font called Krungthep, which I believe is standard to Word, and has simply been vertically squashed to allow for a neater fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment